Certified Scrum Product Owner Workshop
Objectives of the CSPO – Certified Scrum Product Owner Workshop:
Scrum is a simple but powerful Agile management framework. Key to its success is the role of the Product Owner, who steers and guides the Scrum project, bridges the gap between end customers, business and development/IT and is responsible for the return on investment (ROI). The Product Owner combines the traditional project and product manager roles into one person. This two-day interactive Certified Scrum Product Owner course equips you with all you need to know to be an effective Product Owner.
At the end of this course you’ll be able to:
• Understand and describe the day-to-day practices of the Product Owner and supporting development team
• Pull from a variety of tools: design principles and practices to support your product discovery and design work
• Collaborate with your team and stakeholders towards a shared understanding and shared ownership of your products
• Nurture the collective team spirit of innovation
• Your team will learn how to build empathy with the users of the product, how to ideate and iterate together towards building successful products which best serve their needs
Participants Will Learn How To
• leverage Scrum to optimize value creation and customer satisfaction.
• create a realistic Release Plan.
• refine requirements
• use the Scrumboard to optimize work in progress
• stock, refine, “refine” the Product Backlog
• maintain a big, visible displays of progress
• write Story Maps
• create GOOD User Stories for the Product Backlog.
• maximize the flow of value, maximizing the outcome of a successful product
• minimize outputs of non-value added waste in development
• increase the team’s velocity.
Certified Scrum Product Owner Course Agenda
• Project Impediments
• Team impediments
• Impediments to Organizational Agility
• Tools to aggressively eradicate impediments
The Product Owner:
• Product Owner Characteristics
• A Day in the Life of the Product Owner
• The Product Owner as the Voice of the Customer and Value Stream Manager
• Lean Start-up tools to visibly flow value to the customer
• Understanding the Customer
• Understanding the team
• Collaborating with your team and stakeholders towards a shared understanding and shared ownership of your products
• Lean Start-up and Design Thinking tools to “get into the customers head”
• How to leverage Scrum to optimize value creation and customer satisfaction.
• Checks and feedback loops to make sure we’re designing the best product to suit the customer’s real needs.
• The Product Vision
• The Product Backlog
• Determining the Release Scope
• Story Mapping
• User Stories Workshops
• Acceptance Criteria with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) in mind
• Prioritizing the Product Backlog (by Value, Effort, Risk, Dependencies, Architectural skeleton)
• Refining the Product Backlog
Iterating and collaborating towards a successful delivery:
• Checks and feedback loops each Sprint to make sure we’re building the best product to suit the customer’s real needs.
• Sketching our Minimum Viable Product
• Potentially Shippable in our context
• Sustainable Pace
• Defining and Communicating Project Success
• Release Management Strategies
• Sizing Product Backlog Items Using Story Points and Planning Poker
• Choosing the Sprint Length
• Velocity and Technical Debt
• Creating the Product Roadmap
• Creating the Release Plan
• Iterating throughout the Release communicating the progress
Iterating and collaborating towards potentially shippable each SPRINT:
• Sprint Workflow and Characteristics
• Formulating Powerful Sprint Goals
• Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Retrospective
• Understanding the Sprint Progress
• Checks and feedback loops daily to make sure we’re handling risks and opportunities towards building the best product to suit the customer’s real needs.
We welcome your feedback on the CSPO agenda, and please feel free to schedule some time to talk about any customization of the course you may need for your business context.